Dinner Time

Last month @John_Williams, Don White and I spent a couple days photographing on Mt. Rainier. I could see a mountain goat about 1/4 mile away, a bit above Sourdough Ridge trail. I hiked up to see if I could get close enough for a decent image with my 70 - 200. I rounded a bend in the trail and discovered he had moved much closer to the trail. Fortunately there were a few small trees and bushes between us and he was too busy eating to pay much attention me. I grabbed a few images and left him alone.

What feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
D850, ISO 400, 125mm, f/16, 1/320 sec

I cloned out a bit of vegetation. This is about 90% of the original image.

Hi Steve,

Any closer and you would have needed a wide angle lens. Good details, but I wish for more room on the right. I like the vegetation in front of the back leg–gives the photo a more natural feel to it . Well done…Jim

1 Like

Speaking of jealous… :grin:

This is great Steve. even better to see it on the big screen than on your camera. You have such great detail of this guy, and I think Jim’s correct about the vegetation.

Excellent look at the mountain goat and I like the setting as well.

Pleasing pose and great eye contact. You are lucky he stayed put and didn’t run away.