Paintbrush

Grew up in Ohio and always wanted to go West and photograph Paintbrush after reading photography mags, so I moved to Utah!

Specific Feedback Requested

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Cannon 5d 180 macro

Hi Gerald - welcome to NPN. What a cracker first image. Definitely an eye-catching subject. You’ve managed to separate this one somewhat from what appears to be a very crowded field. The colors while rich look oversaturated to me and possibly the red channel has clipped. Easy to do with such deep shades.

Utah is gorgeous. I’ve only been once, but it was amazing. I hope you like your new stomping grounds and I look forward to more images from you.

Absolutely love everything about this . . . except that bug at 10:00.

Gerald: Welcome to NPN and thanks for a fine first post. Paintbrush is one of the heralds of spring in my part of Texas and are one of my favorite wildflowers. The color is a bit intense but not objectionably so to me. The largest view is a little noisy in the BG and perhaps a touch oversharpened.
Please consider resizing your posts to somewhere close to 1500-1750 pixels on the long side of the image. Full size images tax the server a bit and also present tempting targets for image thieves. Great to have you aboard and looking forward to more of your work.>=))>

Welcome aboard Gerald and a beautiful post. I would second Tony’s thoughts on the bug, but it would be an easy clone job if you were so inclined. I usually head to Utah 2 or 3 times per year and it is a gorgeous state. Looking forward to seeing more of your work and feel free to jump in with comments and thoughts on the work of others.

Wow! What a riot of color. Think I might tone it down somewhat but that’s only my personal preference. Welcome to NPN. Look forward to seeing more of your work.