Quintessential Paintbrush

Sony A77II
Minolta 200mm macro
ISO 400, 1/4000 @ f5.6
Washington County, Texas
Got out into Washington County last week and was greeted by some nice stands of paintbrush and bluebonnets. This paintbrush was kind enough to pose for a portrait. All comments welcome.>=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hi Bill,

I am envious as we are supposed to get 2 inches of snow tonight. Nice colors and I like the progression of the older to newer blooms as you move up the stem. Well done…Jim

I am really enjoying the color layers. The OOF bluebonnets make a nice bit of a mind bender. Good stuff.

Very nice, Bill. a great specimen you found and I like the way you composed it. the Bluebonnets do make a great background.

Seem to recall your capturing these before with the bluebonnets in the background, Bill - it works a treat ! The detail in the upper part of the flower, with the light falling there, is especially nice.

Good job with the high-contrast light. You did a great job providing the right emphasis on the in-focus paintbrush.

Nicely done, Bill. I especially like the detail of the top flowers. The orange and blue are exceptionally complementing.