Florabundance

A wildflower Weekly Challenge would not be complete without Texas being represented. Our mild winter is usually not the best conditions for bluebonnets and paintbrush but I was able to find some really nice fields in Grimes County this Spring. All comments welcome. >=))>

3 Likes

Compositionally this is nearly flawless Bill. It’s a bit hard to tell at this size but I feel like this might benefit from more DoF in the background. I hope to see the Texas wildflowers someday.

Bill, this is an amazing field (and that seems inadequate to cover the size) of wildflowers. There’s a fine sense that these go on forever. I was in College Station for a meeting in early March and noticed some paintbrush growing between the runways at Bush airport in Houston.

Beautiful field of bluebonnets and paintbrush Bill. I’ve seen them in our part of Texas but not in such a large concentrated field. I love the color contrast and the somewhat “pointillistic” feel to the whole scene. Nicely done.

An amazing field, Bill. The angle you chose works for me and does give the impression of vastness.

This is an amazing collection of wildflowers, Bill. It does look like it just goes on and on.

What a display of color. Love the composition.

Sweet looking swath of color, Bill! I have never seen bluebonnets and paintbrush first hand, but I am sure this image would do them proud. In addition to the complimentary colors I am enjoying the way these lovely flowers seem to go on forever. Beautifully done.

What a beautifully captured image Bill. The colors look great and the blue mixed in with the red and orange really makes both colors pop against one another. As others have stated, it looks like this field goes on forever. Great capture.

This is simple and dramatic, packing a lot of impact. I too think that the background could use more DOF, perhaps some focus stacking? Beautiful capture of spring.