Paintbrush Paradise

Sony A77
Sony SAL 16-50 @ 35mm
ISO 400, 1/80 @ f22

I have traveled most of Texas hunting wildflowers over the past 15-20 years but this is the biggest and densest field of paintbrush I have ever seen near Poteet. This field stretched several hundred yards in every direction and seemed to be packed solid from end to end. Texas, it’s a whole nuther country y’all! >=))>

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.

Another great blast of color, Bill!!! What a field of flowers.

WOAH !! I’m now officially on Paintbrush overload, Bill. To be honest, don’t think I’ve ever seen such multitudes of anything. Astounding! It works well to have the bits of green breaking the patterns, too.

Great photo! Good job. My only nit is the lower right corner green patch is a bit distracting. I would experiment with cropping it out. Of course, this is a totally subjective opinion. As is, the photo is fabulous.

Bill,

As the famous super hero, Buzz Lightyear, once said, “To Infinity… and Beyond!” First thing that came to mind - those flowers go on forever! Incredible sight - and capture.

Lon

Oh my goodness! What a poke-in-the eye of red. Love it!

That’s one gorgeous field of paintbrush, Bill. It’s also giving me an idea for next year. I really like the way the colors seem to change in the distance as the eye starts to merge the green with the red and white a bit.

Whoa
Awesome. !!! Looks like the field goes on forever.