Painted mystery of autumn

I tryed to bring that painterly feeling.

Specific Feedback Requested

All feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

1 Like

Ben, love the mystical nature of this image .

The “Old Dutch Master” at work on the painters easel again :grinning:

This is certainly recognizable as the style of your forest scenes, you do them so well.

This is really beautiful Ben, with just the right amount of warm soft glow. One of the things I like about this image is that most of the leaves on the tree are still green, and the golden leaves on the ground create a nice contrast against the green.

I pretty much agree. This has a light airy look that is uncommon in forest pictures. I think it’s a combination of low contrast and the choice in color cast. Very nice Ben. I prefer this one over the previous fog image.

You succeeded in bringing a painterly feel. I agree with everyone that it has a light and airy feel, which is interesting in light of all those strong vertical trunks (which are perfectly framed). Lovely.

Ben,

I echo the other’s comments and recognized this as your work immediately. Beautifully presented!

Hi Ben,

You’ve definitely succeeded in a painterly feeling here. Would you mind elaborating in what processing techniques you’ve used? I can see that black-point seems to be raised.

@Igor_Doncov , @Ed_McGuirk , @Mario_Cornacchione , @Alan_Kreyger , @Bonnie_Lampley , @Nathan_Klein , @Kris_Smith , @linda_mellor , Thank you all for these nice comments. Nathan asked how.
Nikon D850 , 24-70 2,8 Vr lens at 50mm.
F4, 1/50, +0.33 , Iso 640, Handheld , a little windy and the fog. Focus on the second tree and a bit of luck. I tried it with the same conditions and the outcome was almost the same.
I think focus to the middle and F 4 did most of the trick.

1 Like

Thanks Ben, I think you’ve found an effective use of depth of field in this image.