The mystery forest

An ancient oaks forest, I sometimes go there early in the morning, many times there is a fog that covers the forest and gives it a magical and mysterious atmosphere.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Canon M50
EF 16-35mm
ISO 100; 16 mm; f/8

3 Likes

Terrific scene! That tree has so much character and I like how low and close you got to it for this composition. Other than a few distracting light bits here and there, I really like how this flows.

Ron, this is so cool. I love the framing and composition you used. Just a hint of fog in the background too. Awesome. A very special image, for sure.

Thanks! I will look for those distracting lights

Thanks David

Interesting composition. One thing you might do is raise the exposure on both the forest and the ground of all to the left of the left tree trunk.

While I love the feel of this image, I’ll offer up something else here. The composition really bothers me. The way the two trees point to the corners of the frame, it makes me wisk right through from left to right with almost nothing stopping me from leaving and moving on. If there was something else to point my eye to the interesting back story of the trees, it might work better. Again, this is just what it does, for me. Love the mood of the edit though!

1 Like

I like the contrasting yellows of the fallen leaves with the blue-ish atmosphere of the fog. The two large trunks make me think of a giant. I understand @Matt_Payne’s observation about them pulling the eye toward the edges. For myself I’m not sure if they are working as a frame or pulling my eye outward. Lovely scene nonetheless.

1 Like