The autumn arrives

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Sorry for being so inactive the last few weeks. It’s a busy time at the office right now.

Anyway, yesterday I was out in a nearby forest to check the color of the foliage. It’s pretty late this year that the leaves are changing color. In any case, I had a lot of fun roaming through the forest in the fog and light rain. This scene caught my attention because suddenly some light came through the clouds and the leaves glowed beautifully against the light.

Specific Feedback

Is there anything that could be improved in post-processing?
As always, any feedback is welcome!

Technical Details

1 Like

Wow, this is superb. Or should I say, enchanting. It’s not only the fog. It’s the interplay between light and dark. The tree is magnificent. It has presence. And the shadows at the the base of the tree are handled perfectly. I don’t really know how to improve this. You could saturate it more but for my taste, that would be a mistake.

1 Like

Jens, with Igor I can only say it’s superbe. My kind of forest image !

I like the transition from the cool, blue fog on the left to some yellow light mixed in on the right. And the composition is wonderfully balanced. Well done!

All said above – it’s wonderful!! A magic forest with great light – what more could anyone ask for? I love the detail on the trunk and wonder if it should be brought out just a bit? Detail gets a bit flat on the large branches toward the top – maybe a light tweak on them? But I wouldn’t want to pull the eye up there too much.