Autumn is almost here

At last a foggy moment

What technical feedback would you like if any?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All feedback is more than welcome

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.
1 Like

This image has a green cast to it but that’s ok. It gives it a painterly quality. The composition has an almost natural vignette to it, doesn’t it. I think that works nicely because there is one source of light entering the woods. I sort of wish there was more space to the left of the leftmost tree.

@Igor_Doncov, The green cast was my intention. I made it by split toning in ACR.For the bit of blue in the background sky I used the history brush methode by @Alister_Benn. I find your suggestion for some more space on the left a good idea. See my remake. Thank you Igor!

I like this image and agree that more space was needed on the left, which you did. Now however the new post that is visible is a bit distracting . so I would crop just inside that far left post. I would also experiment with a version where the fence is completely cloned out . But overall I like what you’ve done here.

Another fine example of your nuanced sense for conveying light in a scene. In Seattle’s Frye Museum we have a great set of German Romantic / Munich School work. Dorr example. https://www.google.com/search?q=munich+school+landscape&client=firefox-b-1-m&sxsrf=ALeKk02I4ioq0dj1H1OFU6AM--EJRJVrMw:1599360455537&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjQt8f-wdPrAhVOqJ4KHXfJDksQ_AUIBigB&biw=1280&bih=672#imgrc=gvQ0BgMorJgYQM
This would fit right in.
For me, the main beauty of your creation is the angled yellow light. I could do with less of the bottom. At the cost of leaving the right tree unanchored, a bit of bottom could be cropped. If the right edge were cropped, that might be OK was the illuminated tree is a good right side stopper. I could do without the bright small areas through the trees on the left edge.

r