What passes for autumn color out here

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

But it usually only lasts for a minute or so. Early morning fog was just clearing a few days ago when I looked out and saw this. It is helped by a slightly darker sky behind it, really popping the color.

Specific Feedback

All comments welcome!

Technical Details

Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 12.14.44 PM

Cropped from the left for composition. I didn’t mess with color or tonalities except to squeak the Vibrance to +13 to give a little more sky color. Daylight WB, Adobe Color profile. The gold stuff is lichen, which is normally a slightly greenish gray.

1 Like

It does pop the color. I like how you can see some shadows from the closer branches onto some in the back.

I love the color of those lichens in the early morning or late evening light!

What an unusual shape. That’s what it must feel to have your hair done up. Good subject for initial reaction.

Hi Diane,
wow, that tree looks interesting. The mossy branches stand out beautifully against the dark sky.

You had me at "What passes for autumn color out here! LOL
Another very quirky image, Diane. That lichen is simply glowing. There is a smudge down along the bottom of the frame that is distracting but could probably be removed easily enough. Otherwise. very unique image.