Painted Turtles sunning

With some warm weather and only a slight overcast, I went to visit a local pond where I knew the turtles would be out sunning themselves with the water lilies possibly adding some extra interest. It’s too early form blooms, but the mix of lily leaves and spring green reflections fit well with the three turtles (there’s one mostly hidden behind the one on the left). This is an 8 shot stack to get the turtles and their perch sharp. (7D2, 100-400 @ 340, 1/50s, f/11, iso 800, tripod and polarizer)

Those are great! Such yellow plastrons. You can see more of the hidden turtle in the reflection than on the log. The small one looks to be a male (long claws). Great stack, too. I like that there aren’t lily leaves in the foreground to obscure the reflection. Ours are about, but I haven’t put the kayak in the water to go see them. Soon.

Wonderful, Mark. Colors are outstanding and the reflections are so clear. I would agree with Kris in that you can see the 3rd turtle better in the reflection. Nicely done.

Hi Mark ! I somehow missed this frame, wonderful reflection and colorful subject. You did a great job on focus stacking!
If you could explain a bit on focus stacking, that would be great !