Parquet

This was taken at sunset at Badwater Basin in Death Valley.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any critique is welcome.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f11, ISO 640, 37mm

5 Likes

A very nice image, planning to be at the right place at the right time together with a good composition! The foreground pattern as well as the color scheme is very good, including the reflections in the salt bed (I guess it is). The background seems somewhat noisy, maybe due to the compression into a JPEG file but maybe also due to the ISO value?

1 Like

Chris, this is a fine look at these salt pans. The pink sky and blue ridges are a good combination and the long view of the pans adds great depth. It looks like there’s water in the pans.

1 Like

Yes, Mark. Fortunately, there was quite a bit of water in the basin at the time I was there.

Fine look at Badwater. Your good fortune to find with the water like this, too.

1 Like

Such a cool area and you captured it well Chris. I enjoyed studying the foreground details and all the different shapes. I’m seeing a bit of noise in the enlargement but not enough to worry about. The only thing I would change is to show a bit more of that beautiful sky, maybe another 1/2" or so, viewing your photo on my screen. I think that would still leave plenty of depth in the composition.

1 Like

Excellent, Chris. The sunset reflections add a lot to the view of the salt pan formations.

1 Like

It’s all about right place, right time, and planning for all of it, then being lucky that everything came together, right? The reflected sunset colors in those pools are wonderful. Wish I was there with you!

1 Like

This is so pretty Chris! I love this area, and these colors are beautiful, along with the exquisite salt patterns.

1 Like

Thank you all for taking the time to send me your great comments.

Chris, This is a superb image of bad water with great texture, form, and light. I am ok with the noise in the background. With the mist, it actually adds mood. The water in the basin adds beautiful shine to the foreground and extends the view to the distant mountains.

1 Like