Went for different perspective.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 5ds-r , f-3.5 , 1/1600 sec. and iso 200

elwise44
2 Likes

Compositionally, I like the strong diagonal in the frame and the off-centeredness of the flower. On the enlarged version, I wish there was a bit more depth-of-field in the flower itself.

Wayne: I like how you handled the light here and the overall comp. With passion flowers the BG can often be challenging but you did well here. Top notch shot. >=))>

I agree about the desire for more DOF on this since the structure is so interesting and it’s so large. But the composition, darker presentation and that tendril are superb.

Thanks to all I appreciate all comments. Maybe, focus stacking may be an answer for better detail because of the structure of this flower, most certainly from a side view I think . . . .

I have no suggestions for improvement. For me the placement, the background and subject are excellent.

Thanks Patricia, this flower has so much personality to me. I enjoyed photographing it from the many vantage points.
Wayne

Wayne: I came back to this after noting the comments regarding sharpness. The capture looks pretty solid to me. I do wonder if the stated f-stop was what you shot it at or the maximum aperture of your lens. Seems like a lot of DOF with f3.5. I added some sharpening (maybe a touch too much) and it seems to have brought out some of the finer details. >=))>

Thanks Bill, I rechecked the technicals on this shot and they are the same as first stated. The additional sharpness does help. In many of these shots, the foliage stands out more than the flower itself, not with this one though.