Past its Prime

Description:

Siding is weathered to the point of being without any signs of paint

Specific Feedback Requested:

any and all comments are appreciated

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Is this a composite? (focus stacks or exposure blends are not considered composites)
NO

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

A nice graphical photo that clearly says “aging”, James. The old weathered wood almost looks like it was burned at one time. It must be in a dry climate. If it was here in Valdez, Alaska it would be covered by moss &/or collapsed by now!

Wonderful!! The hard light brings out the details of the old wood so well. The single window suggests something mysterious and very interesting beyond the wall.

I’ll bet it is a dry climate – Bodie? That place is wonderfully petrified.

Hi, thanks for comments and your interest in the location. This dwelling is located on the abandoned Zimmerman farm -located in the Delaware River Recreational Area . This is far from a dry climate ,since we get the full 4 season effect in the NE section of PA. My guess is ,that the structure was once painted and it has worn off, exposing the pine siding to the elements.

Nice catch. I like the positioning of the window in the image. I’ve shot some like this myself. The textures always get me. Too bad the window is broken, but it adds a bit of emotion.

James this shot is a good mix of textures and shapes with the broken window working very well as a contrasting shape to the large expanse of weathered wood.