Pastel Fall

I was attracted to these pink leaves at the county park and thought that a pastel look at fall is perhaps a little unusual. I’m not sure if I’ve included too much background for this challenge though. I was playing with a 20mm lens to get close to my subject and still show the environment.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

Any

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

Any

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)
I cropped this to vertical and did some editing (manual vignette, clarity) to try and increase the focus on the leaves and draw them out a bit, since the dead tree has some stronger texture. I wanted to retain the more subtle colors as best I could. I’m not sure if it was successful.

Karla, this does a fine job of showing off the “quieter” colors of fall. It’s nicely gentle and warmly inviting, showing off the leaves on this small tree in an inviting setting. If you want to let the leaves stand out more, you might darken the sky and lighten (slightly) the sharp leaves, but this works very well as presented.

@Mark_Seaver - Thank you for your comments. I will do some experimenting. I did darken the sky at one point, but I think I may have gone too far with it. I did not try lightening the darker leaves slightly, so that’s a good idea also. I’m just inexperienced enough to not always know when I’ve crossed away from the natural look, but I guess that’s why I’m here. :slight_smile: Thank you!