Fall is in the air

This grape vine (pretty sure that’s what it is- they grow everywhere around here) leaf totally caught my attention the other morning while on my walk. Figured it would work for this “minimalism” challenge.

What technical feedback would you like if any?

It was still very dark, so I upped the ISO and opened up my f-stop in order to get enough light on the leaf. Is the background too dark? Any other thoughts and comments?

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I did a bit of dodging on a couple of highlights in the background. Also a bit of texture/clarity and sharpness to the leaf. Any thoughts and comments are welcome.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

Nikon D7200, f/4, 1/15 sec., iso 500, @80mm, hand held.

Dark color works well here. BG is perfect for the image. Pleasing collection of color shapes and textures.

Linda: This is well seen and I like that the BG is not full black. Nicely done. >=))>

Great catch Linda! I love the background. My only suggestions would be to brighten up the exposure on the leaf just a little bit, and maybe also add a little noise reduction. (There’s also something visible at the bottom left corner edge of the frame that could maybe be cloned out. I only see it when I enlarge the image.) I think this is a great candidate for a “minimalism” image! Nice shot - looks like fall is almost here.

Linda, this is well seen (or is that scene…). That corner of red stands out well and the darkness of the background looks right. I do think that some burning-in of the bright bits in the lower left corner would help.

Thank you @David_Schoen, @Mark_Seaver, @Bill_Fach and @Mark_Ali for your kind comments and thoughts. Now I see the LLC bright bits, missed it before, definitely needs some burning. Thanks again.

A great find, Linda, and I love the way you handled it.