Love the fall .

. . .the colors and the cooler temperatures are my favorite time of year.

Had a great time a week or so ago watching the flow of this small creek in Wimberley. Pine needs and many types of leaves were floating by creating beautiful abstract images, just couldn’t resist.

Since this is my favorite time of year, I had to try a slightly different interpretation of the season by using the “oil paint” filter in PS. I like how this filter simplifies as well as emphasizes the colors and textures I saw.

Cropped 3:2, handheld, Nikon D7200, f/18, 1/25sec., iso 250, 16-80mm @56mm

Also thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

4 Likes

I love this Linda. Great composition. I like how you framed the leaves with the needles. The warm colors on a cool back grand works well. There is much to admire in this image.

Linda: One must view the largest version to appreciate the oil paint texture and how it enhances this image. Well conceived, composed, captured and presented. >=))>

This is eye candy. Well done.

Linda, this is lovely. The distribution of leaves and needles works very well. The oil paint filter provides a good change of pace for viewing.

Thanks @Igor_Doncov, @Bill_Fach, @Michael_Lowe and @Mark_Seaver for your kind thoughts. This was one of my favorite days of late, everything I saw was just begging to be photograph.

Yes, this is extremely lovely, Linda. Almost like looking at an amber. My only wish is for the LLC to be not so empty, but this is not always possible.

Thanks Adhika, glad you like this snap shot of “fall.” I agree about the LLC, and did go back to the original, thinking I had cropped off good information, but it was empty. Suppose an option would be to clone some pine needles in. . … I’ll have to give that a shot. Thanks again.