Peace In The Valley

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This classic view of Jenny Farm was in a heavy amount of ground fog which was drifting about the scene.

Specific Feedback

all are welcomed

Technical Details

Canon DM11 @ 17-40 lens

1 Like

Jim, this looks so peaceful to me, so I can see why the name you gave it. I’m not that good in landscape, so I will leave the critiquing to those you are.

James, the mists set such a peaceful mood to an already lovely composition. The flowing lines of the foreground and the line of trees in the background provide a path for the eye to travel through the frame. The play of cool colors with the warm folage of the trees gives added interest. This is a most lovely picture that I would happily hang on my wall. I wondered if the red of the barn could be warmed up just a bit to emphasize the coming sunshine. I tried just a touch of warmth bu using the TK 9 masking of only the reds to touch the side of the barns just a bit. It is subtle and may not show very well. Just a very minor thoutht.

I thought this looked like the Jenne Farm as I was there once many years ago. My thoughts pretty much echo those of @Barbara_Djordjevic and I like her subtle rework of the reds. I thought I read somewhere that the traffic was getting so bad along the dirt road that they put a stop to people pulling over. Very nicely done.

Thank you for the comments-I did work on he reds but couldn’t find the “sweet spot” for saturation so I went with the overall cooler tones.

This was my second visit and things were changing . The barbed wire fence was gone and the wood box for your “thank you money” was absent. Photographers were respectful and parking was not an issue but ;I can imagine that is not the case today.

James: Lovely scene and a fine capture. The extreme northeast is the only part of the country I’ve never experienced and have high on my bucket list. This encourages me more. Nicely done. >=))>