Peahen

Canon wanted to get some good images on their latest RF 600 mm lens, so they kindly lent me that :D.
But by the time I went to Bharatpur bird sanctuary, in the beginning of March this year, birds had already started the reverse migration. So I was left with very few opportunities.

I’ve been using Canon EF 500mm IS2 for the last five years or so, but I was very thrilled to use RF 600mm lens, which was actually lighter than my 500 mm. In fact everything went in favour of RF 600:

*Weight
*Sharpness
*AF response &
*Handling

Technology certainly has a big role to play!

In this particular situation, I was waiting for Striped Hyena to come in the frame, as it used to follow this route, but it decided on another route that day. But this Peahen obliged me BTW I never found Peahen to be so beautiful.

Specific Feedback Requested

XXX

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon R 5; RF 600 mm lens; ISO 400; 1/800 sec. at F 4.5.

jagdeeprajputphotographie
1 Like

I like the back lighting in this one, Jagdeep. The pose with the lifted leg is also excellent.

1 Like

I agree with Dennis, the backlighting is terrific. Wonderful image and awesome lens.

1 Like

Light to die for, @JRajput! I love her crest. And I’m glad you found the lens to be even better than your regular kit. Now to get Canon to donate it to you!

1 Like

I like the detail, lighting, and pose, as well as the low angle. Nicely done.

1 Like

Hi @Kris_Smith that would be a wild dream :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

A very stylish and elegant profile shot.

1 Like

Hi J Rajput
Canon may have given you a great lens to work with, but this photograph is the product of your craftsmanship. Love the back lighting and color detail.
Peter

1 Like

Thank you so much friends :pray:
highly appreciated !