Peaks -In- View WC#875

This was a mid to late afternoon take near the Dallas Divide area in CO. I was a bit concerned viewing the scene that I could not find a spot high enough to capture the view of the entire BG ridge line over the MG tree tops. Fortunately I found a hillside rise that just did get me high enough to peek over the tallest trees in the middle of the scene.

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210mm - 2 stop soft grad - Velvia 50 QL

A Pano Look…

Paul, the yellow and green fore- and mid-ground colors and details are great. They do contrast well with the blue and white of the distant mountains and sky. It sure looks like a beautiful fall day. While there’s an inviting openness and fine foreground detail in this view, I wonder how a pano crop, with some off both the sky and the grass, would look.

Real pretty fall scene, Paul.

I know Dallas Divide well, Paul, and you nailed it with this capture. There are so many possibilities it’s easy to overlook the grand view, but your choice of POV and the Schneider 210 is perfect. Along with the great sky, the layers carry you front to back in a delightful “slide” through the terrain.

@Mark_Seaver @Harley_Goldman @Hank_Pennington…thank you each for the comments here. This view was just super during the time I was there.

Mark, I’ve added a pano slice too…:sunglasses:

Hank, I had excellent weather on this trip some years back now…:+1:

Beautiful fall colors. I like the pano version better. I draws my attention to the subject in a better way.

Paul, I love the colours, mood and layers in this image. Personally I think the pano look takes away too much from the sky but I also feel in the original the FG gets too much emphasis. What about cropping the original into a 3:2 format, leaving as much as possible from the sky in?
Kindest regards,
Ingrid.

@Carlos_Cuervo @Ingrid_Vekemans, I appreciate your reviews and comments…:+1:

Ingrid, yes, your crop idea would work very well I’m sure…:sunglasses:

I think the pano looks very good.

1 Like

Both are lovely, Paul, though I do have a preference for the pano as the foreground and sky don’t have as much going on.

Paul,

Beautiful autumn mountain landscape. I think I might favor some version of a pano crop - which accentuates the long line of the aspen grove. For me, I’d like a little more of the foreground field back, but that’s all subjective.

Love the backlit glow in the aspens.

Lon

A lovely and crisp alpine scene. The warm and cool colors are working so well here.

I prefer the pano presentation.