Dawn at AP - WC #875

Dawn at Artist’s Palette -
This was a sunrise take basically photographing towards the east from this angle. Not too much to add beyond it was very calm and no other photogs out and about…:cowboy_hat_face:

Wista DXIII 4x5 - Schneider APO 210mm - 2 stop soft grad - Velvia 50 QL.

1 Like

Paul, definitely lots of layers with great shapes. That batch of color near the middle is quite amazing.

Beautiful, Paul. I love all the layered hills and the additional sky layers.

Having been there and tried to photograph this and failed…
Exquisite!
Such nice light and so hard to pull off looking east at that time of day…
Congrats.

Paul: Marvelous scene superbly captured and presented. I also like it with the sky cropped away completely to really emphasize the forms and colors. :+1::+1:>=))>

@Mark_Seaver @Dennis_Plank @Dan_Kearl @Bill_Fach…thank you each for your comments. As always I appreciate the input…:+1:

Bill, yes I can also see the crop working nicely too. There is enough area at the top to make that a clean one as well…:sunglasses:

Paul,

First off, I gotta say I’m constantly amazed and impressed with the colors you are able to produce from these scanned Velvia slides; I especially love the color/hue/tone of the sky. - And just beautiful for this scene.

That’s not to say that the rest of the scene and capture isn’t wonderful as well. No nits or suggestions. A most fascinating place and you’ve done it justice.

Lon

Beautiful, Paul. I was there yesterday and it wasn’t looking like this (overcast for me).