Teton Autumn

Sony A700
Minolta 24-85 @ 60mm
ISO 200, 1/500 @ f11
At the edge of sage flats, river aspens, majestic mountains and blue skies. I was in a pano phase when I took this in 2011. It is several images stitched but the processing steps are lost and all I have left is the original blended TIF file. I had it printed to 72" long and it looks pretty good. Kind of a post card day but it still brings me fond memories. All comments welcome. >=))>

2 Likes

Bill, this is a great panorama. I’m usually not a big fan of them, but this is just so majestic and perfectly composed! One small nit, in the entirely subjective category: I think it would be better with more sky and less foreground. I stretched the sky (in PS make a selection of the sky starting just above the tallest peak, then copy it on to a new empty layer; then increase the canvas size just a bit-Image/Canvas size/increase the height; then stretch the sky up-Edit/Transform/Scale and drag the top edge up). Then I cropped away the empty canvas and just a bit of the foreground. I like it better, but yours is wonderful as is.

Tony: Thanks for your comments and adjustments. I have a personal bias against clear blue skies taking up a large percentage of the frame so tend to compose in a way to minimize them without getting too tight. Your changes work well for me though.

Bill, this is a very nice pano, and so glad to hear that you had it printed and hung for you and others to enjoy. I took a similar group of images back in 2014, and looks like our tripods would have been planted in the same location, however, I do like you shot much better, with the fall foliage. Mine was in July.

A very nice panorama that displays the huge expanse of the flats and the mountain range, Bill! It also has a nice layered look that would have been a good fit with the recent challenge. I’m a big fan of panoramas and the best way to present them after printing as large as possible is to mount them in a semi-circle and put your head at the apex. It really puts you right there and shows the expansiveness even more.

This image really brings home the idea of “big skies” and “open country”. Beautiful scene. Its great that you printed this and have it hanging!

Beautiful p a n o r a m a. Although I am not very interested in prints on metal, this just might carry the day for me. Dang, this is so very good.

Bill, while this may be a “postcard” shot, it is beautiful and definitely catches the geology of the Tetons. The strong mid-day colors and the 4 swatches of edge-to-edge color and texture are quite striking. I’m sure it has much more presence shown large on your wall.