Peregrine Falcon in-flight & raw file

I went out to my local wildlife refuge this morning hoping for promised clear skies. I caught this in my peripheral vision and was able to get several shots off. The auto iso on this one was the lowest. This is still a huge crop, 3.4 megapixels out of 61 megapixels or 5 1/2% of full frame.

Specific Feedback Requested

Noise reduction with DxO photo lab 4 and Topaz De noise AI. Minimal sharpening.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Iso-1250, 400 2X, F5 .6, 2500th, A7r4, handheld, 5 1/2% of full frame

Wonderful catch and save! Your AF (and YOUR reflexes) must be awesome to get locked onto such a small subject in the frame. Fantastic detail and a very interesting BG.

Lucky you to get a fly by but the crop shows,…

Yeah , the crop shows a bit, but I’ll take a Peregrine any way I can get it. Maybe next year we’ll be able to go visit those S. Cal ones that the photographers down there get such great images from. A really nice job on this one, David.

Here is the raw file

That is a really nice job. Lots of detail and I like how the strips pop on the bird. Good for you to catch this one. From what i have seen of these birds they are generally on a mission and not hanging around.

Hi David
The A7r4 can really grab focus and produce detail that even five year old camera would not been able to produce. Nice work, the color and detail are very good for a shot like this,
Peter

I’m with Dennis-A very nice flight shot of the falcon.

Hi David,

You have reasonable sharpness, but the effects of the extensive crop are visible. This is a very difficult bird to get because they cruise at about 60 mph. Overall, it still is an impressive catch and maybe next time, this one will give you a much closer fly-by. The BG in the cropped version is very nice and goes well with the bold striping of the falcon. Well done…Jim