Juvenile Peregrine

Specific Feedback Requested

Had a difficult time getting this one centered (sometimes happens when shooting with eye glasses) and the wing is at the bottom of my framed image. But I liked the wing tuck and under markings. I think it 's still a keeper and my first good image of a falcon on the wing.

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Nikon D7100, Nikkor 200-500 mm ISO 400, 1/2500 @ 5.6

1 Like

A wonderful flight shot of the Peregrine. Background is a big plus for the image as well. As you noted, the wing at the bottom is really close. Simple fix, Content aware crop in PS. Here’s a quick version.

Good detail in the flight shot. I like the inclusion of a non-sky background. Keith’s addition of canvas below the wing works.

I was going the same place Keith was on this one. As long as you’re not entering it in a competition or publishing it where they have strict rules about modifications, I’d go ahead and add the canvas on the bottom. A beautiful shot of the Peregrine.

Great to have a bird like this framed in flight. Adding canvas at the bottom is the way to go, I’d say. Congrats on this one! Cheers, Hans

Excellent capture of a fast-moving target in wonderful light! The added canvas saves the day!

@Allen_Brooks @Keith_Bauer @Diane_Miller @Hans_Overduin @Dennis_Plank, Thanks for taking the time Keith and to all for your comments. I have not used the Content Aware to add canvas but I will give it a shot because the image is stronger with the balanced look.

Outstanding! You were very lucky to get this close. I agree completely with the treatment that was given to the image by Keith and others.