Phew...and Sigh!

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

I know there are probably many things that could be improved, but…this is meant to be the emotion of “tired of it”. My poor girl swan that I visit, she was laying on the ice, and when she stood up, and went to get some ice off of her, I caught her with eyes closed, head on ice. I can imagine her saying “whew…my undercarriage is still attached to me and not the ice, and Sigh…I’m tired of this sub zero weather snap.” lol…it made me chuckle, and I felt so bad for her, but I take her raw spinich and corn. I think we’re all tired of gray winter days and the freezing snap for a week that we had. Her included.

Technical Details

2 Likes

I am feeling it Judi. There are days . . . I don’t think I’ve ever seen one tucked under as far as this. You’ve got some really nice feather details in this too. Nice shot.

Judi, you caught a great pose, as she cleans her belly feathers. I’m thinking that you’d emphasize the sense of “whew” with a bit more space around her. You’re post also looks blue, but that does help with the emotional sense.

Thank you Ed. Yes, there sure are days…especially thru the cold cold of winter, and the hot hot of summer. Maybe that is why spring and fall are my most favorite times. :slight_smile:

Thank you for the suggestion. In the original there is more space all around her. I just cropped it to emphasize more the look of “oh no…another freezing day” pose…I can relate to her as I look outside to see nothing but fog. :slight_smile: Thank you!