Pied-billed

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Here’s a pied-billed grebe I caught in the morning sun right after it came up from a dive

Specific Feedback

I think I got exporting it from photoshop right. The blue looks right as does the warmth of the subject. Cropping look right?

Technical Details

Z9, Nikon 180-600 lens, monopod, 1/3200th, f 8.0. 600mm, ISO 2500, cropped to 2376 x 1781

I think the colors are perfect. I was just looking at your hawk also. Much better. I might try a square crop on this image.

I think you got the export right on this one, Dave. It looks like good color to my eye. The composition looks pretty good, though I’d be tempted to take a tad off the top and add about the same on the bottom. Detail looks great.

Colors look fine to me, agree with Dennis on the cut, I would be temped as well to go for a more panoramic crop. What I love about this shot is the quiet water in from of the grebe, and the ripples behind it, showing it’s movement towards you very nicely ! Cheers, Hans

HI Dave, nice swimming image of this grebe. Colors look good to me. Different crops may work but I’m okay with this one with trailing water marking where the bird has been. Great look at the eye with the nice head turn.