Pine Needles and rocks + Rework

Original

Rework

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

An image taken in a dry creek bed, ICM added to this abstract.

Technical Details

70mm f/13 0.4sec iso 100

5 Likes

Wow this is pretty cool. If you’d said it was cactus and spines, I’ve have bought that, too. I like the jangly feeling here - things getting a bit out of control. The imaginative use of colors is nice, too.

2 Likes

A mesmerizing combination of color and patterns Mario. Great use of ICM to make this an abstract image. This one has a stained glass quality to it. I’d recommend cloning out that bright section up top. Nicely done Mario.

1 Like

Man I love this! Great pattern here created by the nice spacing.

1 Like

This is fascinating! I’m a huge fan of chaos compositions. Although…wait! It’s not chaotic at all. I love to follow the lines with my eyes and my mind. In a way the ICM makes it feel like looking through water into a submerged world - not all paths really clearly visible. But maybe I just need to dive into it and try to find my way… Wonderful colorscheme, too! As my great mentor and friend Alister Benn put it recently: just point your camera at the cool! That one is way cool!

Thank you @Kris_Smith @Astrid_Preisz @Alfredo_Mora @Eric_Bennett for your comments. Much Appreciated. Alfredo I did done the clone see rework

1 Like

This is a pretty neat image Mario and I quite like it. The colours and the blur give this almost that toy camera look and feel.

I am way late to the party, Mario, but I have been thinking about this image for weeks. For me, this is a very successful abstract art work because it stimulates an emotional reaction beyond its underlying subject. Before reading your title, I was struck by the two layers of depth that were somehow aligned with each other but refusing to be integrated; they keep their separateness. People do that a lot, but typically conveying the opposite of a sense of beauty which this image does. Anyway, that is where my mind has been slowly wandering these weeks.
I needed to decide how to react to the bright white-ish areas at top and bottom; for me, they were distracting, so I cloned some color over them, and am more settled with that.

Thanks for your comments @Dick_Knudson . I agree about the white spot at the top and attempted to clone out in the rework.

I tried cloning With Color mode which tends to preserve underlying texture. Flow 30-50.