Piping Plover

This Plover was photographed at low tide on the Base River on April 28, at 8:30AM.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback Requested

any

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Canon 7Dll, Sigma 150-600mm, F10, 516mm, 1/2000, ISO 400, hand held. Cropped in DXO Photo Lab 4 by 40%.

1 Like

What a perfectly sweet little bird. Sharp, yet soft and the light is lovely. Great angle.

A lovely shot of the plover, Peter. It may well be my imagination, but to me it feels like this could use just a bit of counter-clockwise rotation. Also , there are a bunch of little white specks to the right of the bird that keep drawing my eye. I really like the head turn and exposure on the bird.

Hello Peter, a very nice images of one of my favourite US species - their cuteness factor is quite high, at least to me. They also seem quite inquisitive, here it seems to be checking you out. Nice colours, good job in the exposure. Nice! Hans

Hi
Thank you for the comments. Dennis, here is a repost with correction. (the mind is a terrible thing to lose) I should have see the white spot. and DXO gave it a little spin counterclockwise.
Peter

Excellent light, point of view, detail, setting, and head turn. Everything to enjoy.

Hi Peter, such a cute little bird! It looks like a baby. I’ve never seen one before. Very nice image.

Hi Peter,

Original is nice, but your final edits are spot on. An endangered species and most of our Michigan birds are banded. Comp and lighting are ideal and you plus plover made a very pleasing photo. I hope that you print this one out and get it up on the wall…Jim