Mom are you sure this is Ok?

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

Well this is my first opportunity to post a series of just hatched Piping Plovers. On the third day of our shorten vacation to Wells Maine, I discovered The Wells National Research Reserve. The photographs were taken outside the roped off nesting area. Wells has a nine foot tidal change, this allowed to stand and photograph the chick coming down to the shore line. This series I had to kneel down on the shore line to get a reasonable angle to photograph this chick. June 23, 8AM
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4ext, 700mm, f10, +.3EV, 1/2500, ISO 1600. cropping range 25 -50%. miner adjustments in DXO PhotoLab 6

1 Like

Nice series, Peter. That invisible eye looks like it gave your eye AF some trouble, but most of the shots are reasonably sharp. My favorite is the final one. The alternating sand and water background is really nice.

Hi Dennis
Tracking the chicks was very difficult, they’re about 1 1/2" tall and move at a very fast passes also at this stage there are very few well defined feather.
Peter

Hi Peter, fun catches of this little guy. What a cutie. The texture and some detail was maintained even with the backlighting so that’s nice. The backlighting did cause no catchlights in the eye. Still these are fine images of the puffball.

1 Like