I am ready for my close-up.

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

This is the same set-up as my last posting, but is covers two days. As you can see the check are more fuss than feathers.
Can you live with the seaweed in the last shot.
Thank you for stopping by.
Peter

Specific Feedback

any

Technical Details

Canon R5, Canon 100-500mm & 1.4 ext,700mm.

1 Like

I love these, Peter. Great low angle and all of them are nice and crisp with good light. I particularly like the first with the “whatever it is” in the beak. If you have the pixels, you might crop that one even closer.

Too cute, Peter. I just want to reach out and pet it. The fuzzy look is very becoming on him. The eye level really makes these very interesting.

Excellent set of image, Peter. So cute. It looks like there are no wings, no tail and just a body and legs. These really are cute when they’re young. I like all 4 of them and it’s hard to pick a favorite but if forced I’d pick the first image. The lifted leg, the feather detail in the head and the background and foreground all make for an excellent image. Well done. Thanks for sharing these.

Hi Dennis, Shirley & David
Thank you for your comments. To answer Dennis question, the Plover has a worm in its beak. That series is next.
The is a repost of the first frame, cropped in some.

Peter, these are priceless and over the top on the cuteness scale. I agree with
@Dennis_Plank and @Shirley_Freeman about the strength of the eye level view. @David_Haynes 's choice of the first one, especially after the croup, is also number one for me. Peter, since you asked, “Can you live with the seaweed.” No, with one possible exception; cropping so there is very little of it to compete with cuttie, maybe.

1 Like

Peter: these are all excellent photos. I am generally a fan of showing the animal in its environment when possible. As such, the seaweed doesn’t bother me expecially since it is OOF.

Hi Peter,

Awesome series of this little fuzz ball. The second and last photo are my favorites. Strong compositions and excellent technique are motivating me to choose these 2 as my favorites. No nits from me…Jim

HI Barbara
I wanted to show a size perspective of these chicks, thus the sea weed. Here is a cropped version of that frame.
Peter

1 Like

Oh, I get it. That bit of driftwood or whatever it is helps with the idea of scale. Are you crawling around on your belly to get these pictures?

Hi Barbara
Thank you for the comment, on this shot I was standing. The pitch for the nesting grounds to the shore, allowed me to stand and photograph this chick. The others I was on one knee.
Peter

Glad to hear you didn’t have to crawl around on your belly. :slight_smile:

These are absolutely adorable Pete, @peter. I can’t wait for our local snowy plover chicks to show themselves this year. I understand there are fifteen nests that the local Audubon group has found so far. Two of them were found four weeks ago, so they think there will be chicks any day now.

Hi Ed
The couple days we had in Maine and photographing this chicks, turned out to the best part of the following year.
Thank you for the comment.
Peter

1 Like