Pismo Beach Gold

I had a cloudless sky for sunset and saw the sand textures that I love so I used more of the foreground textures and lines to lead your eye in. This was a very mild night with low winds and not to cool of temperature and I get that feeling from this.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any feedback is welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Olympus OMD EM5 MarkIII / Olympus 2.8 12-40 Pro / 17mm / f22 / ISO 500 / 1/100 sec

@kenhebert5
1 Like

Very well done Ken. I like that you kept the foreground dark and the trees in silhouette, it adds to the drama of the scene. You kept just enough shadow detail where you needed to. And I am a sucker for sunstars.

I also love the golden light on the wet sand, and how the diagonal line of the wet sand pulls your eye across the image. Great composition and processing, I like this image a lot.

1 Like

Oh it’s lovely. I’ve been in similar situations on sunrises when clouds don’t show up. Nice job making it work for you and I agree with Ed that keeping things dark and silhouetted is the way to go.

Nice rig, too. I shoot a Panasonic G9 right now, but used Olympus gear from 1985 to 2013.

1 Like