Places to go

One more puzzle image for you this week. And another single leaf. I took this while just sitting on the dock relaxing. I can’t remember if the ripples were from a boat or just the wind, but when this leaf motored by I was ready. Obviously the blue is the sky reflected and the greens, not as obviously, are trees on the banks.

Specific Feedback Requested

This was a cropping nightmare. Thoughts? Should I lose more off the bottom so the leaf isn’t centered or do you like it being lost there?

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
Handheld on my floating dock. Sometimes a challenge.

leaf ripples

Lr for the RAW work and the crop. Raised shadows, lowered highlights. Improved green luminosity and separated the blue hues a bit. Texture and a little sharpening. Photoshop to remove some other debris that was also floating by.

@the.wire.smith

If I were to crop, I think it would be off the top because focus has dropped off there, but I think the leaf is fine centered vertically. Cropping from the top and having it above center somehow suggests to me that it is heading somewhere, although at a leisurely pace. Centered, it feels more static. I don’t feel a preference for one over the other.

I love reflections like this and the leaf is a perfect grace note.