Leaf in creek

Captured this one earlier today in a small creek close to Djupdalsvallen in Härjedalen, Sweden, having a few minutes when packing the car after a hike in the area.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
However, I have blended to images, one with the blurred water and one with the sharp leaf.
ISO 64, f/22, 1/10
ISO 400, f/4, 1/1600
Borrowed my wife´s camera Olympus OM-D E-M1-II, Olympus lens 12-100 @100 mm (200 mm equiv.)

2 Likes

I love the colors, the exposure and the small stem ripples. Wonderful idea to use two photos; especially one with the leaf being so sharp.

Another winner, Ola! It’s almost like a deep space image. The whirling-swirling of the water, but the stillness of the leaf…so pleasing and calming. I can almost feel how cold and crisp the water and probably the day.

If this were a painting, I’d hang it on my wall!

Very cool image! The abstract meets reality. Really well done.

This looks great, Ola. There’s good clarity in the leaf and it’s brightness stands out. The swirl of colors and shapes in the water create a good sense of movement. The darkness of the surroundings makes a moody image.

A vertical of the right side looks good too.

Very nice, with fascinating colors and shapes int he water!! Wonderful to be able to combine the best of 2 images to get a very lovely leaf – well done!

@ariella, @Kris_Smith, @Igor_Doncov, @Harley_Goldman, @Diane_Miller, @Mark_Seaver and @Jim_Gavin thanks for your kind comments.

Thanks for the advice, I will explore that possibility.