Watching the leaves gently floating by

Late October last year during an easy walk near the Svaneholm castle in the southern part of Sweden I saw these leaves gently floating in a creek.

Here is an optional crop

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No

2 Likes

Hi Ola, I vote for the first image; I like the leaves closer and the crop has a distracting diagonal line in the upper right corner. To me, your image invokes a mood of tranquility; hardly detect any movement, so they are not just rushing by. The little bubbles at different points of the leaves adds some interest too. Well seen!

Ola, the fine glow of the floating leaves speaks well of a warm fall day, on the edge of a quiet pond. The extra emphasis on the leaves and the darkening of the underwater branch emphasize the mood in your first post.

First one all the way for me. Excellent minimalist look at these leaves and bubbles. No nits here.

I prefer the your edited image - especially the two bubbles. These kinds of scenes are so playful.

@Kris_Smith , @Harley_Goldman , @Mark_Seaver and @Jim_Lockhart thanks for your kind comments. The first one it is!