Drifting

Back at the beginning of October I was visiting one of my favorite parks (the Blue Hole in Wimberley Texas) and saw this single leaf just drifting along. I like the thought of it just taking its time, seemingly just enjoying the ride and the view. I want to be more like this leaf.

Is there enough color contrast, is the leaf sharp/detailed against the back drop? Does the image project the idea of lazy/thoughtfulness? Any other thoughts, comments and suggestions are welcome. Thanks

Nikon D7200, f/9, 1/20sec., iso250, 16-80mm @ 80mm, handheld

Linda, I like this image. You have nice details in the floating leaf. I like that it looks like a fall leaf, but the reflections in the water seem to have green summer leaves. A nice contrast of seasons and focus. I also like your comment about wanting to be like the leaf, just floating along. I try my best (and have used this analogy about life). Great shot.

I really like the color, I feel it fits with a fall color theme and yes it is super sharp and good contrast with the water. What stands out for me, is the viscosity of the water around the edges, you captured this very well and is super unique among the typical floating leaves image.

Linda, this is a fine view of a single leaf floating in a reflection of many leaves, telling a quiet/contemplative fall story. Your dof shows off the optical properties of the meniscus (raised, curved water area around the leaf) in a striking fashion.

I agree with all of the other comments already made. I especially like the very peaceful feel of this image.

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman, @Keith_Flood, @Mark_Seaver and @Richard_Teller for all of your kind words.

1 Like