A shadow of fall

This leaf is floating in shallow water. The bright sunlight cast a shadow of the leaf on the bottom of the pool. The photo was taken with my iPhone.

Interesting perspective Chris. It feels like an optical illusion. Love the color, the composition and the simplicity of the photo. Nice capture.

Thank you, Linda. It’s hard to see the water and figure out where the shadow is coming from.

This is quite the mind bender. I could not see the water and it was baffling until I read your text. Looks cool.

Chris: I suspected this was either a floating leaf or an incredible leaf “flight shot” :wink:. Well seen and captured. >=))>

Chris, this a fun little visual mystery. I like the graphic simplicity of the image very much.

Chris, getting the water surface to disappear here creates a dellightful bit of optical illusion. The sharpness of the oak leaf and it’s shadow are quite striking. I’m fascinated that in the super large view, I can only see water meniscus effects around a few points. Well seen and presented.

Mark, thank you for your kind comments and critique.

Thank you, Craig. It does really present an illusion.

Thanks. It does create an optical illusion for sure.

Thanks, Bill. Good guess with the floating leaf. It’s kind of a mind bender.