Leaves at the edge

I have spent two weeks in the western part of Härjedalen, Sweden, one week of day hikes and one week participating in a photo workshop. I will post some images from these weeks: I found these leaves in the creek Livsätraån. I wanted to emphasize the contrast between the orange leaves and the blue sky reflected in the water film. I also liked the rock and that it included also some orange colors. Finally, I liked the line that the edge create.

These are the other images so far posted iin this series:

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
f/8, 1/100, ISO 400, Olympus pancake lens 14-42 at 21 mm (42 mm equiv.), Olympus travel camera Pen e-p7

2 Likes

Simple but stunning! This speaks of the end of autumn to me. The decaying leaves are well placed and the photo is balance between dark and lighter area. I like the textures under the water on the left side and the reflection on the right.

1 Like

As @Chris_Baird said, “simple but stunning”. Very well seen and captured. The color contrast as well as the contrast in the stages of decayed leaves and those brightly colored, along with the reflections makes for a very nice fall scene. Great shot, Ola!

Not sure you could do anything to this shot to improve it…it does so well speak to autumn in your neck of the woods, and gives me something to look forward to in my area, though we rarely get much change in color.

A wonderful composition, and so well treated with wonderful detail on the leaves! Browns and golds against the blues are gorgeous.

@Diane_Miller, @Chris_Calohan, @Shirley_Freeman and @Chris_Baird thanks for your kind ocmments.

1 Like

The colors are amazing, especially in the reflection. Beautiful image!

Ola: Wonderful small scene. I especially like the color palette and the treatment of the water. Top notch shot. >=))>

@ariella and @Bill_Fach thanks for your kind comments! … and thanks for the editors pick, it is very much appreciated and it encourage me to go out there and take more images!

1 Like