Three leaves

One more image from the workshop in Härjedalen, Sweden in September this year.

When looking for autumn colors I also scanned the ground when walking to the next site to spend the next hours. I was really happy when these three leaves showed up.

Specific Feedback Requested

Any comments are welcome!

Technical Details

1/50, f/8, ISO 400, Olympus lens 40-150 at 80 mm (160 mm equiv.), Olympus camera OM-D EM-1X, handheld

1 Like

Wonderful detail and textures, Ola. Love the composition and the lovely delicate feel. Very nicely seen and captured.

Oh I’d have shot this, too, if I’d have seen it. I like the composition a lot. The strong contrasts and diagonal. Is it me, or is the middle leaf a bit soft? Hard to tell. I might have closed down and positioned to line the focal plane with the leaves more precisely. Or stacked. Or both. The soft colors are quite soothing. And who doesn’t love soft, springy moss?

Wonderful photo, Ola. I like the color contrast with the leaves and the background. I find that the left on the left and the way it is turned shows a direction pattern in the photo that is pretty cool. I see the softness Kris was pointing out, but I agree it could be the way the leaf is.

@Dean_Salman, @Kris_Smith and @linda_mellor thanks for your kind comments. I will check my other images trying to find out about the softness of the leaf in the middle. It was also wet conditions, that may have had an effect.

A lovely find and wonderful composition, Ola. I am late to the party as I was out of town and still trying to catch up.

@Shirley_Freeman, thanks for your kind comments. Glad you liked the image.

1 Like

Just now seeing this one, Ola! I can understand why you were excited to see these three leaves pop up in your field of view as you were walking around. I would have been very happy to see these too. And it’s not just the leaves. It’s the understory as well. Is that a type of moss? You want consider burning down the moss just below the leaf in the right of the frame. They are a little bit brighter than the rest and pull ever so slightly at my eye. Not even a nit, just an observation. Terrific image, Ola!

Thanks @David_Haynes. The leaves are rather small so Yes they are laying in some type of moss.

It appears to be a type of hair cap moss.

1 Like