Pocket of Hope

Hi Folks,
I am sharing another of my abstracts. I’ve been sharing them in Abstract Nature, and realized, especially with this one, that Non-nature might be more appropriate. They all have man-made objects reflected in some way, so apologies if I had been misusing the abstract nature category.

This one is a crop of a larger image, and I like the crystal column effect of the light whites and the contrast with the red ball of (hope? warmth? love? the unknown?)

Specific Feedback Requested

Let me know what you think of this. As always, I’m interested in any and all feedback, include yawns of disinterest.

If you think a rotation or flip is in order, let me know. It’s already rotated once (from a more vertical orientation of the large rust colored reflection) because I liked the landscape effect of that solid color being horizontal and moving us left to right. I liked traveling to the red through the icy columns, but I’m always open to suggestion.

Technical Details

5d3 with 100-400mm at 400mm
ISO 250, f/25, 1/80th (and not intentional with any of those settings)

2 Likes

Hi Marylynne, This is a cool abstract. It looks like a frequency wave form of some psychedelic song from the 60’s…(ok, aging myself here)…

I like the square format too. It helps us zero in on the lines/reflections. Great image , great capture, great processing. I love it.

1 Like

Thanks, @David_Bostock . I was thinking about maybe cropping off some of the top (the white on the right above the blue). It’s funny how I see different things after posting that I never considered while working on it in LR.
ML