Posing for a shot

We were at the desert museum the other day looking for bees. I wanted to practice with a narrow DOF so I focused on the bee only. There were quite a few of these flower stems and even one started to show up in the background.

Specific Feedback Requested

Anything on DOF helps

Technical Details

Is this a composite: No
90D 180 Macro 1/400 f/10 iso 400 no flash HH. High speed shooting. There was a shadow on the back part of the bee on this bright sunny day.

3 Likes

From a macro perspective, I think this works quite well, Dean. Excellent composition. DOF works for me.

Dean, this is really a nice shot of this bee posing for you. The BG really makes the bee and the flower stand out nicely. Very nice details in the bee. The square crop works for me. Great shot.

Wonderful sharpness and detail. The simplicity of the flower makes it an excellent perch, as does the complementary color of the petals! I love the hint of the one in the BG!

This is an amazing image, Dean! So sharp and detailed on the bee and parts of the flower. And the soft background is beautiful. Nice to have living things at a museum!

Well this is fantastic for all the reasons people have chimed in about. Razor sharp and a background to die for, not an easy thing to do in a public space like that. A little wonder on wings.

Thank you for your comments all. Ot tells me that I need to keep dof tight and move around to get the background good. Now I just need to buzz to the bee to wait. Lol