Lunch time - update photo

We were at the Arizona desert Museum so I tied out the monopod and gimbal with the 90D and the 180 macro. This bee was nice enough to sit still. 1/640 F/13 iso 500 with a MagMod diffuser.
This was cropped taking out some the flower in the bottom and the background. I tend to like giving the bee some room the direction she is looking. I do worry about crop factor but not sure it is a factor with this camera or not

1 Like

Dean, I am enjoying this shot a lot. The details in the bee is really great. The color of the flowers is very pleasing, and I like that the flower is higher in the center and curves down towards the edge of the frame. The BG is nice and smooth making both the bee and the flower stand out nicely. I love how his wings are aimed upward rather than laying flat down on him, and the bee seems to curve with the shape of the flower. Well done.

1 Like

Dean: Far and away your best bee shot yet. Great perch, detail and BG. Really well done. >=))>

Thanks @Shirley_Freeman and @Bill_Fach. I posted this update because I had removed the stem by the eye. I just posted the wrong version

1 Like

This is gorgeous, Dean. Superb detail in the bee and in the flower and a very nice background.

1 Like

Dean: Really nice work on the repost. Takes an already fine image a notch higher. >=))>

1 Like

Like the repost better. beautiful image. Love the colors on the bee, the flower and the background. It is hard to get the bee all in focus as they keep moving fast, but you have captured it well. One of the best bee images I have seen in a while.

1 Like

Dean, the details in the bee and the color contrast between it and the flowers look great. This is an outstanding bee portrait.

1 Like