"Pounding Pacific"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Sony A7R2, Metabones Smart Adaptor, Canon 24mm TS-E, 1/4 sec @ f/22, ISO 50

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

1 Like

Hi @Doug_Blunt, very nice shot, i love the water movement and light on the stacks. Thanks for sharing.

TX Massimo! I appreciate it.

I like this one Doug. It has sweet light, and nice wave action. Overall it has a very pleasing feeling to it. I initially thought the left-most sea stack was too tight to the top edge of the frame, but giving it more breathing room risks introducing too much negative space in the URC, so in the end I think your composition is a good compromise to avoid that issue.

I really like the arrangement of the sea stacks and rocks here, it creates a good sense of depth. Glad to see that you avoided merging the wave covered rock with the horizon, it looks lik eyou had to get up onto the foreground rock to achieve this.

I like the wave action, but the brightest highlights in the waves look slightly hot to me. To be fair I’m viewing this on a laptop instead of my desktop monitor, so it will be interesting to see if others see the same thing or not.

It sure is nice…to have experienced eyes looking at your work. Thanks, Ed…for taking the time to point out things.

In this setting, we had to climb up on one of the flat stacks to get this vantage point, which was rather interesting in itself.

I’ll have to go back and check the histogram on the crashing water.

Thanks for your commentary, Ed!

I like the diagonals, going from bottom right to high left. They add energy to the image.