Worth Getting Wet

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments are valued

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/6 sec at f/16, 35mm, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

2 Likes

Hi @Doug_Blunt, very nice shot. I love composition and light. Thanks for sahring.

Very nice image. Well done and thanks for sharing.

Doug,

I love the texture of the sand with the foam left as the water receded. It’s a gorgeous sky which nicely mirrors the pattern of the water. Cheers on a gorgeous image.

Doug - I sure love the parallel leading lines here. Congratulations on a sharp image despite the surf running over the tripod legs! I love the restrained color palette with the exception of the rich warm tones on the horizon. Nice to have some clouds in the sky as well. The highlights in the area above the treeline are a bit blown out. Any chance you can double-process the RAW file and pull some of those in? Or better, any other frames with a slightly lower SS to blend in?

My only other observation is the increased contrast brought about by the dark treeline. This is a matter of taste, but the image is otherwise relatively high-key to my eye, and the darkness of the treeline would be tempting for me to dodge substantially so as not to serve as a dramatic contrast in a small part of the scene. Let me know your thoughts on the above and thanks for sharing!

The colours in this are absolutely beautiful Doug. I really like the bubbles that are left when the water has receded. Its not something you see very often.

Thank you very much for the comments. I always pick up good information, and moral support in many cases, so I want to say that I appreciate it all :slight_smile:

I like the soft light, shapes and reflections. The top of the sky feels a bit vacant. Scroll-cropping it seems to yield a stronger composition.

Thank you all. These changes will certainly improve the image…which is the point, after all.