"Passing Storm"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments valued

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

Single shot handheld, Sony A7R4/Metabones IV/Canon 24-70mm f/2.8, 1/80th sec @ f/18, 24mm, ISO 320.

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Stunning sky Doug. I like the crisp wave action too. One suggestion for the upper left corner is either lighten it a bit. It tends to pull the eye there.

Very much like the composition and the light and textures. The water maybe feels a bit over-exposed, at least relative to the clouds and the yellow-orange glow in the sky.

Doug,
The moody sky compliments the wave action rather nicely. My only suggestion would be to try and tone down or get a little more detail in that bright area of sky lower right of center. Great job handholding.

I especially like the way the light hits the top of the wave. But I wonder, was the light really this colour? Many cameras tend to shift towards yellow in shots like this.

TX for all the comments. Seems like luminosity in different areas is the main subject of comments. It was shot within seconds of rain stopping & was literally the back-end of a storm. In fact, it’s still raining just right of center. So the light was rather dramatic without my doing anything…but I did bring up luminosity a bit on the wave, because I wanted it to draw the eye. I thank all of you for offering your perspectives. I always learn something new on this site.