"Holmes Roam"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

All comments welcome!

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/8 sec at f/22, 17mm, ISO 100, Canon TS-E17mm f/4L lens on Sony A7R4 mirrorless

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

Hey @Doug_Blunt such a gorgeous sky. Lovely colours and light. I think the subject is well framed, interesting plant to grow on sand.
Those light spots on the middle are great to channel the eyes to that sky.
The only thing I would change would be the “elephant on the beach”, that side tree, it’s distracts and unbalances the image a bit, but I think I would be difficult to frame those plants like this and not include it.

For me it’s a gorgeous beach shot, thanks for sharing,
Cheers

1 Like

Thanks Joao! I appreciate your pointing out the tree on the left. Thought I needed some other things in the frame…but perhaps I didn’t after all.

What a beautiful scene! This light is gorgeous and the balance of exposures on the foreground foliage and sky are very well done. I’d be tempted to decrease the texture of the sky somewhat as I think even more softness would bring together better the softness of the sandy beach with it’s gentle colors.

I have to agree that the tree/house on left are issues I’d have difficulty resolving in my own mind. As I imagine the image without that, there would be greater simplicity and more harmony of textures and luminance.

Doug, I agree with João about the tree, but that sky is fantastic. I too like the light on the foreground sand. Looks like a lovely time to be on the beach.

Have to agree with the others re: tree/house and their comments. I think just the lower 1/2 (only the plant with that beautiful sun) would make a wonderful image.

Doug: I’m kind of OK with the tree but the house is a significant distraction for me. I wonder if taking a couple of steps to the left and shooting somewhat away from the tree would have worked. Of course that assumes that the beach on the right side of the frame is worth including in the frame. The light on the sand and FG plants is wonderful and just about makes up for any compositional issues. Nicely done. >=))>

Thank You all!!..for the commentary. I learn so much from your perspectives…and it makes me want to improve to the max. Love being on this site. Thanks again.

Doug