"Pathways to the Gulf"

What technical feedback would you like if any?

All comments are greatly valued!

What artistic feedback would you like if any?

I love pristine landscapes (without human intervention)…so I struggled whether I should remove the wooded guide posts to the right. I’d be interested in your thoughts.

Pertinent technical details or techniques:

(If this is a composite, etc. please be honest with your techniques to help others learn)

1/4 sec at f/18, Canon 24-70 lens @ 28mm, ISO 100

If you would like your image to be eligible for a feature on the NPN Instagram (@NaturePhotoNet), add the tag ‘ig’ and leave your Instagram username below.

dougbluntphotos

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
2 Likes

Doug, I just love that dreamy mood in your image.The colors are spot on and I myself should try and remove those wooded posts, to see if that works. On the other hand they point in a direction.The trees work for me as a window in an other colored dream. Beautiful !!

Doug, I love the soft light and warm colors that you achieved here, it makes your image title so fitting. The greens and browns in this image are very soothing colors. At first glance I thought the earths shadow in the sky looked too warm, but after looking at it further, I think it works with the mood you are trying to convey here.

I think the three posts actually help balance the composition, and would not clone them away. You have the vegetation filling the LLC. If you cloned the posts away, there would be a lot of negative space in the LRC, which to my eye would make the comp too weighted to the left.

Doug, great colors, great image. If it was my image I would not remove the posts as I think they help balance the entire image. Job well done.

Doug, I like the image as it is. I viewed it with the posts removed, but I prefer the original image.
Great mood and colours, fine contrast between the greens and the warm hues in the earth and the sky.

Love the light and colors. Great shot with/without the posts. On the one hand the posts form a ‘V’ with the left side vegetation to direct one to the path; on the other hand the posts do tend to draw my eye a bit as they are not really an integral part of the overall landscape.

Thank you all for your comments! I so appreciate the thoughtful insights, and honest feedback.