Puff the Magic Dragon

Critique Style Requested: Standard

The photographer is looking for generalized feedback about the aesthetic and technical qualities of their image.

Description

The patch of low hanging fog was fleeting and I was lucky to capture the image in this moment. The area along Sparks Lane was a wash in heavy early morning fog and offered up a nice assortment of images.

Specific Feedback

all are appreciated

Technical Details

The posted image was slightly softened to give a more “heavenly” feel!

1 Like

The cone of vapor on the left leading into the puffs really makes the image fit the title, James. I don’t know how it happened, but it’s super cool. The softening treatment looks a bit odd to my eye-it almost looks like some kind of fractal treatment.

Hi James,

That triangular shaped section of brighter green on the left serves well in creating the illusion of something blowing in that fog making your title suit the image very well! :slight_smile:

I like the softness of the scene and the artistic feel with the contrast between dark tree trunks, dark green lines in the BG trees and the almost pastel green foliage.

I can’t help but wonder how it would work to take the FG field colors down some in saturation and contrast, maybe with a linear gradient mask just on the FG field so you can retain some amount of distinct focus in the immediate FG? It’s just a thought really but it might be worth exploring. It might even add to the overall depth?

Either way, I like it and I appreciate the artistic direction you went with this. :slight_smile: