Rainbow Falls Wider

Thanks for the comments and suggestions on the previous post. Most felt they were missing something on the left side of the image, so I looked in my files and found the only other image with this light, but much wider. I took some of the suggestions and processed this image accordingly. Sorry no telephoto or shots without the pine tree. Let me know which you prefer. Thanks for looking and any comments.

D800e 82mm f18 1/4s iso250

You may only download this image to demonstrate post-processing techniques.
1 Like

I just compared it to your previous post and this feels much easier to look at. The first version felt cut, like it was really missing the left side. Now that that’s added it feels more complete. At the same time, the tree is competing less with the falls in this wider view! Lucky you that yo had that extra shot! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wade,

Thanks for sharing this version. I pretty much agree with Ron. This feels whole and the tree becomes a nice accent element, not a conflicting one. Plus, your processing here helps with that.

Someone mentioned elsewhere about the difficulty of including tops of waterfalls. In this case showcasing the entire falls works beautifully here. Instead of a bright patch of sky above the falls, we actually get to see where the water is coming from and can follow the flow top to bottom.

Oh, let’s not forget the light and how it’s striking the falls. That’s the icing on the cake here.

The only suggestion I have would be to slightly burn down the LLC and maybe the left wall ever so slightly. This would help keep the eye in the frame a little - not that it’s an issue at all, just a thought.

Well done with this one.

Lon