Ready to fly

I was set up for a side view stack of these Turkeytail mushrooms, when the fly landed. I went ahead with the stack assuming that the fly would leave at any moment…luckily it waited for the stack to finish before it took off. (R5, 180mm macro, 1/5 s, f/9, iso 800, tripod, 36 shot stack)

1 Like

Great details Mark and a nice angle of view. The OOF background helps bring focus to the mushroom and the fly as well. It was nice of the fly just to sit there, and the color of this fly adds more to the photo. I like the contrast light of the upper and lower corners.

Mark, I think the fly was a nice bonus. As @Dean_Salman pointed out, the color of the fly adds to the photo. It almost looks like the fly is on a cliff looking out. I like the water droplets under the mushrooms too. A very nice shot.

Gorgeous! Perfect to stack only that far – it really doesn’t look stacked. And the fly is perfect!

Oh that’s a nice bonus! Great when they cooperate so nicely. I see a hard edge on the opposite side of the mushroom with the fly on it that looks a little off to me, but other than that the stack looks pretty nice. Could be the big change in focus distance causing it. Could you tell the fly was blue with the naked eye? I’ve discovered some really interesting colors when I get tiny bugs magnified a lot - I couldn’t tell just by looking at them.