Turkeytail Mushrooms

This cluster of Turkeytail mushrooms was growing on a fallen tree on the forest floor. A 5 shot stack for dof. (5D3, 180 mm macro, 1/40 s, f/8, iso 800, tripod)

3 Likes

Great patterns and colors, Mark! Fascinating. I desaturated the color from the leaves and found I liked it even better, leaving me to get lost in the abstract of the mushrooms. Excellent image.

Mark, I just love the patterns in this. I love the colors in the mushrooms. The 5 stack worked nicely. A great capture, for sure.

Love the energy in this wonderful photo Mark. The abstract feel of the mushrooms made me think of a chorus line of dancers with swirling skirts… for some reason. Great detail and textures. Nicely seen and captured.

Hi Mark,

One of my favorite subjects and you captured a nice one. I think that you could try a variety of crops which will work as well as the original. Stack looks good and this version works well as presented…Jim

Mark: What a great find and a fine capture. The repeating but slightly dissimilar patterns are marvelous. Well done. >=))>

I really like the pattern and the colors, very well done! The crop is very well chosen, the green and yellow parts included add to the scene: Keeping a brown strip outside the upper middle yellow leave is one example of choice on details arriving at this good crop. //Ola

Mark, Beautiful image! Love the patterns and the colors. Good stack work too.

Great vision, Mark! This pattern is super interesting. No critique but I wonder if you experimented with any other processing techniques to create other interpretations.